Follow Step by Step guide.
- Open GO SMS Pro application in your Phone
- Click Application key (Normally Left bottom side of phone"
- Select "Services" from popup.
- Select "SMS B&R"
- Check All Options
- Select Settings Icon.
- Choose "Readable Mode"
- Choose "All Messages"
- Press "Backup" to start backup process.
- You can email yourself the backup files. Choose your option if asked for email.
There are two ways to retrive backup files from phone to PC
- Download the file from Email, which was generated by GO Sms application.
- Copy File from Phone USB storage. You will need following two files
- smsbackup_yyyy-MM-dd.xml (Here yyy MM and dd is the date format)
- gommssms.db (Located in Private folder of same path)
If you have private sms box, you will need to restore it separately. Lets restore common sms folder first
Restore Common SMS Folder in Excel.
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Click File > Open
- Select the XML file that we discovered above.
- Select "Open as Read only Workbook" when prompted.
- These are your SMS. Save a copy as xls file and enjoy ;)
Restore Private Box
- This is not pretty simple. But you can do it by following these instructions. You will need a good Database Reader software that understand the SQLite database. I choosed SQL Database Browser that can be free download from here
- Extract the downloaded zip in a separate folder in your PC.
- Double click to Execute "SQLite Database Browser.exe"
- Click File > Open Database
- Choose gommssms.db file that we discovered above.
- Now you will see some contents read by SQLite Browser. This is database file contains all your sms.
- Click again File > Export > Table to Csv File
- Select "SMS" table from the list
- Click Export
- Type the name with .csv extension and save.
- Open File in Excel and save a copy as excel workbook.
You have exported two different excel files. One for common sms folder and the 2nd one is private box. You can combine both in one sheet later.