Bajra and Beef Kababs
* 11/4 kg beef, finely hand-chopped
* 250 g bajra flour
* 250 g yogurt
* 10-12 spring onions, finely chopped
* 12-15 green chillies, finely chopped
* 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
* 2 medium tomatoes, skinned and chopped
* Salt to taste
Add all ingredients to the beef except tomatoes, increase or decrease quantity of bajra flour (should bind well). Leave to marinate for 2-3 hours. Knead well. Add tomatoes just before frying.
Heat oil, take about 1 dstsp of the marinated beef and drop gently into oil and fry.
Do not turn the kababs immediately, as they will break.
Lower heat to medium and turn over once.
Remove and place on paper to drain extra oil. Serve hot.
Chef's top: Undercut is best for this dish. It is easier to slice the meat when frozen.