Home Page of Zekr.Org
Full Featured Qur'an Made For Windows
Zekr Qur'an was made with coding made for Windows, giving it the feel of any other Windows application. It is fully featured with advanced searching, navigation, recitation, and commentary.
The backbone of Zekr is very generic, allowing customization in many ways. Customize the language, translation, recitation, commentary, and theme. Make Zekr perfect for you.
Free & Open Source
The Zekr project stands by the following principle: Never Profit Off The Prophet. All programs are and will always be Free and Open Source. That means that anyone can see and contribute to developing Zekr.
Downloading & Installing
- Windows 2000, XP or Vista,
- Complex language support for your Windows enabled,
- Java (JRE) 1.4.2 or newer.
- Flash player plugin for your browser (Internet Explorer)
- Tatar (Turkish transliteration)
Download LinksYou can always find the latest releases of Zekr here. Source code is also put in the listed archives ([zekr]/dis/zekr-src.jar). You can access CVS tree, or checkout the latest version following this instruction. In order to download Translations and Themes see resource page. See here a list of custom builds of Zekr.
Zekr for Windows (32/64bit) 6-09-2008 How to install
Zekr for Linux 6-09-2008 How to install
Zekr for Mac (.dmg) 10-09-2008 How to install
- For Qur'an Translations, click here.
- For Qur'an Recitations, click here.
- For Theme Packs, click here.
- Download from the link above.
- Open the EXE file.
- Run through the setup.
- You should find the program in the Start Menu.
- For troubleshooting, see the wiki.
Zekr Software Addons and Links: